If you are a child under age 16 who enters as a foreign passport holder, and needs to prolong stay in China, you can only apply for visa extension after your nationality of a foreign citizen is confirmed by the public security authority according to Nationality Law of the People's Republic of China.
● Documents Required
When applying for a visa, you are obliged to answer relevant questions and submit the following documents:
1. Completed "Form of Application for Visa and Residence Permit";
2. One (1) visa photograph for Foreigners in Guangdong Province and a receipt of such photograph;
3. Original and photocopy of your valid passport or other travel document in lieu of passport;
4. Photocopy of your birth certificate（the original one for examination if you have）;
5. Photocopy of your parents' foreign passports and the evidence of their permanent residence in that country (the original one for examination, if you have);
6. Registration Form of Temporary Residence;
7. Other relevant documents related to your types of visa applications.
8. Other documents considered as necessary by the public security authority.
All the evidence issued by foreign authorities should be authenticated by the Chinese embassy or consulate in that country. Translation by the Chinese notary office if it is not in English or Chinese.
Source: Guangdong Provincial Public Security Department