1. Rights Enjoyed by Voluntary Blood Donors
(1) Within 5 years of the native donation, the donors enjoy free blood-transfusion 5 times more than their original donation for clinical use and don't need to pay for blood donor's mutual aid fund. After 5 years, the donors enjoy free blood-transfusion the same amount of their original donation for clinical use and don't need to pay for blood donor's mutual aid fund.
(2) Within 5 years of the native donation, the relatives who are not fit for the blood donation enjoy free blood-transfusion the same amount of their original donation for clinical use when in need and don't need to pay for blood donor's mutual aid fund.
2. Is donating blood harmful to the donor?
In an average adult, their body contains 4000-5000 milliliters of blood. When you donate blood, we draw 200 milliliters which doesn't even make up for 5% of the body's total blood. It has been scientifically proven that no harm can come when one loses less then 10% of the body's total blood. Looking at the blood circulation, 20% of the blood exists in organs such as the liver, and spleen. If there is rapid blood lost, the blood from the organs is able to restore itself to its full capacity in a matter of time. This will not affect the blood circulation and pressure. Generally every four months, new red blood cells are born which stimulate the blood and promote metabolism. This is very advantages to your health.
3. How does the Guangzhou Blood Center deal with the donated blood?
After the blood leaves your body, it is drained into a blood bag which goes into a refrigerated storage center. Each blood bag goes to a laboratory for further testing. After everything checks out, it is sent to the blood bank where it is given out to patients in need. The tainted blood must go through a disinfecting process. According to Chinese laws, the blood must be discarded.
4. Will donating blood spread diseases such as hepatitis and AIDS?
It is impossible because the injector which we use in the examination room is disposable. The other blood equipment passes through strict sterilization after every use and the disposable equipment is destroyed therefore guaranteeing that the blood is safe and cannot cause any illnesses.
（Chinese）Website of Guangzhou Blood Center: http://www.gzbc.org/