Are you a fruit lover? What kind of fruit is your favorite? Currently the seasonal tribute mandarin (also named gonggan in Chinese, 贡柑) is available for sale in Guangdong. In addition to buying them at fruit stores or supermarkets, do you want to pick them for yourself at an orchard? Here is an opportunity for you to travel out of Guangzhou to enjoy a fantastic self-picking experience of gonggan!
(Photo provided to Newsgd.com)
On November 27 (Next Saturday), GDToday will provide our subscribers with a wonderful journey to Zhaoqing's Deqing County, which has a history of 1,300 years in growing gonggan. You can pick the gonggan there for yourself at the plantation base, enjoy the gonggan-made lunch and even make your own handmade gonggan tea! Don't miss out!
Time: 8:00-19:40, Saturday, November 27, 2021
Venue: Guanxu Town, Deqing County, Zhaoqing, Guangdong (广东省肇庆市德庆县官圩镇)
➢ 7:30-8:00 Assemble at the designated place in Guangzhou to take the coach;
➢ 8:00-11:00 Leave for the Guanxu Town from Guangzhou to its Rural Revitalization Complex (官圩镇乡村振兴综合体);
➢ 11:00-12:00 Make your own handmade gonggan tea at the Bishe Xiangli Hotel (碧舍乡里酒店);
➢ 12:00-14:00 Enjoy a gonggan-made lunch;
➢ 14:00-15:30 Go to the Dongpu Gonggan Plantation Base (东璞贡柑基地) to visit the gonggan export demonstration base and pick the fruit for yourself;
➢ 15:30-16:00 Visit the Deqing Gonggan Cultural Wall Painting Gallery (德庆贡柑文化墙绘长廊) to learn about the culture of Deqing gonggan and take photos there to mark the occasion;
➢ 16:00-16:40 Go the Country Garden Gonggan Modern Agricultural Base (碧桂园贡柑现代农业基地) to visit the Intelligent Modern Agricultural Base (智慧现代农业基地) and the Tent Camping Base (帐篷露营基地);
➢ 16:40-19:40 Return to Guangzhou by coach.
Note: The itinerary is subject to change due to the actual situation.
● An exclusive tour around the gonggan plantation base and pick the fruit for yourself;
● Make your own handmade gonggan tea for yourself;
● Have a close-up view of the hometown of gonggan and know more about how this fruit is cultivated;
● Enjoy a pleasant tour beyond Guangzhou without bothering to design a schedule for it.
● Transportation between Guangzhou and Zhaoqing as well as within Zhaoqing;
● Admission fee to tourist spots;
● Gonggan-made lunch;
● English speaking tour guide service.
Service not included
● Transportation to designated place in Guangzhou to take the coach;
● Personal consumption during the journey;
● Nucleic acid test for COVID-19.
COVID-19 prevention requirements
Participants are required to present a negative result proof of a nucleic acid test for COVID-19 conducted within 48 hours before the scheduled time of the event (November 27), at your own expense.
Please wear a mask during the journey, and upload your information (green health code, green travel code and negative nucleic acid test result within 48 hours) for COVID-19 prevention before the journey.
(Photo provided to Newsgd.com)
How to sign up
1. Scan the following QR code to fill out the application form and submit it.
2. Then add us as friend on WeChat (ID: fera110), and send your name and your negative nucleic acid test result.
NOTE: The application deadline is November 24, and seats are limited.
The event is hosted by the Department of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of Guangdong Province, and organized by Nanfang Rural Newspaper and GDToday of Nanfang Media Group. We also receive great support from the Deqing Gonggan Professional Task Group, Guanxu Town Rural Revitalization Complex, Dongpu Gonggan Plantation Base, and Country Garden Gonggan Modern Agricultural Base.
Author | Nancy (intern)
Editor | Olivia, Monica & Jerry