A Guangdong Week will be held between January 11 and 13 at the China Pavilion, Expo 2020 Dubai, according to a press conference on January 5.
A variety of events will be presented through an online and offline integrated format so that people around the world can gain insight into business opportunities and the culture of Guangdong despite of the travel restriction under the Covid-19 pandemic. VR technology has been adopted to present the development of infrastructure construction and social livelihood in Guangdong.
Cui Shuang, Vice President of China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) Guangdong, said that a WeChat mini-program, named “2020年迪拜世博会中国馆广东活动周”, was also established to update the latest information about the Expo Dubai, China Pavilion and Guangdong Week. Audiences worldwide can watch Guangdong Week live and visit pavilions of various countries through this mini program.
Guangdong Week includes 11 major activities:
1. A Qipao show will be held inside the Dubai Expo on January 10. Qipao is a type of traditional close-fitting woman's dress with high neck and slit skirt.
2. The opening ceremony of Guangdong Week will be held on the afternoon of January 11 both online and offline in Guangzhou.
3. An further exhibition to showcase the technological innovation of Guangdong will be held from January 11 to 13 offline at the multifunctional hall of the China Pavilion in Dubai.
4. A performance on Guangdong’s intangible heritage and customs will start from January 11 to 13 at the China Pavilion in Dubai.
5. A photo exhibition on Guangdong will be held from January 1 to 31.
6. A trade conference between Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (Guangdong) and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will be held on the afternoon of January 11 in Guangzhou through an offline+online format.
7. A Seminar of Cross-border E-commerce in Global Emerging Markets will be held on January 12 in Guangzhou; again, online and offline.
8. The Guangdong Geographical Indications International Cooperative Conference will be held on the morning of January 12 in Guangzhou online and offline.
9. A roadshow will be organized on the afternoon of January 13 respectively in Guangzhou and Dubai.
10. A Guangdong products exhibition will start from January 11 to 15 online. 300 Guangdong companies will participate and highlight the market trends through seminars while 10 partnering conferences and 5 roadshows will be held during the exhibitions.
11. A Shenzhen Day event will start from January 11 and a Shenzhen products exhibition will start from 11 to 13 in Dubai and invite more than 50 companies to display their products.
The World Expo is being hosted by Dubai in the United Arab Emirates from Oct 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022 after being placed on hold in 2020 because of the pandemic.
Author | Jiang Chang (intern)
Editor | Nan, Jasmine, Jerry