Visa replacement and extension procedures
2009-August-7 Source:
Text Size: A A A | Print | Share by E-mail:

Visa Replacement

(1) A foreign visitor whose passport is lost or stolen should provide a certificate issued by the entry and exit department of the local public security bureau or a statement from the embassy or consulate of his or her home country in China proving that his or her passport has been lost or stolen.

A foreign visitor whose passport is about to expire or passport visa pages are close to full and therefore must request a new passport, should present his or her passport with which he or she has entered China, to the proper authorities for replacement or renewal.

(2) In the case of an infant born in China and thus bearing an independent passport, his or her birth certificate and a photocopy of his or her parents' foreign passports should be presented.

Visa Extension

A foreign visitor who wishes to extend his or her stay in the PRC or change the type or content of his or her visa should file an application with the relevant government agency in a timely manner according to the following procedures:

(1) Present his or her passport, visa and other required identification papers;

(2) Fill out the visa extension or visa change application form;

(3) Provide a certificate justifying the reason for the visa extension or change.

Editor: Miranda
Related News
This site contains material from other media for content enrichment purpose only. The website do not endorse such content and do not bear the joint responsibility of their copyright infringement. The views expressed in written material posted to the bulletin boards of are those of the authors and/or publishers. The website does not endorse information products posted by organizations and individuals here. The originators of these information products are solely responsible for their content. For copyright infringement issues, you shall contact within thirty (30) days. Email:
Home | About Us | Contact Us | registered number 020074 | ICP Certificate No.B2-20050252