Q&A for 144-hour visa-free transit application at Baiyun Airport

2019-May-2       Source: Newsgd.com

Starting May 1st, travellers from 53 countries can enjoy a 144-hour visa-free period when transferring through Guangdong. Here is the Q&A and some special notes for 144-hour visa-free transit appl

Starting May 1st, travellers from 53 countries can enjoy a 144-hour visa-free period when transferring through Guangdong. They can enter Guangdong via the following three airports, namely Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport and Jieyang Chaoshan International Airport, and exit via any of the province’s 32 ports. Click here to find out more about the policy.

Officials from the Guangdong Provincial Public Security Department, Guangdong Department of Culture and Tourism, Guangzhou General Station of Exit and Entry Frontier Inspection Baiyun Station and Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport attended the press conference at Baiyun Airport on April 30th to explain the policy to media representatives from both Guangdong and Macao.

Sign of 24/144-hour temporary entry permit application at the T1 of Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. [Photo: Monica Liu]

Here is the Q&A and some special notes for 144-hour visa-free transit application at Baiyun Airport.

1. Where can foreign passengers eligible for the 144-hour visa-free transit apply when they arrive at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport?

Special areas for 144-Hour Temporary Entry Permit Application have been set up in both T1 and T2 at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. Passengers eligible for visa free transit can follow the guide signs to the application area.

2. What are the specific steps for the 144-Hour Temporary Entry Permit Application?

Step 1, upon arrival, please give your travel documents to the airport staff standing right beside the queue management system machine for a preliminary check, then get a numbered ticket and move on to fill out a card;

[Photo: Monica Liu]

Step 2, please fill out the arrival card for temporary entry foreigners (24-hour stay permit or 144-hour visa-free transit), then wait to be called;

[Photo: Monica Liu]

Step 3, when called, please submit your passport, e-ticket and arrival card to the immigration officer at the counter who will ask you a few questions to ensure you are qualified for visa free transit. If the check is successful, the immigration officer will print out the permit and stick it in your document;

[Photo: Monica Liu]

Step 4, please go through the Immigration Inspection Counter and proceed to the Arrival Hall for entry procedures.

[Photo: Monica Liu]

3. What documents do I need to show the immigration officer for inspection while applying for 144-hour visa-free transit?

1) Passport or other international travel documentation with a remaining valid period of more than three months;

2) Arrival card for temporary entry foreigners (144-hour visa-free transit) filled out;

3) Onward ticket to a third country (or region) with confirmed departure time and seat within 144 hours of arrival, which can be an air, sea or train ticket

4. How long does the whole process take?

It will take about 10 minutes during passenger-flow rush hours.

5. When does the 144 hours of visa-free stay start?

After confirming your qualification for the 144-hour visa-free transit, you will get a temporary entry permit from the immigration inspection station. Then from 00:00 of the next day upon your arrival in China, you can stay within the designated area without a Chinese visa for a maximum of 144 hours (6 days).

6. Under what circumstances are foreigners not allowed a temporary stay permit?

Under any of the following circumstances, foreigners will not be issued a temporary stay permit by exit/entry border inspection authorities:

1) Circumstances in which entry is not allowed in accordance with laws or administrative regulations;

2) Valid period of passport or other international document is less than three months, or there is a previous rejection stamp from China’s visa-issuing authorities;

3) Have record of illegal entry into or exit from China, illegal residence or illegal employment in the past five years;

4) Have violated regulations on accommodation registration under serious circumstances over the past two years.

7. Special Notes

1) During the visa-free transit period, foreigners should abide by China’s laws and regulations and stay in the designated area.

2) If foreigners stay in hotels in China, the hotels should register their stay. For foreigners who reside or stay in domiciles other than hotels, they or the persons who accommodate them should, within 24 hours after arrival, go through the registration process with the pubic security bureau or foreigner service stations in local police stations near the place of residence.

3) If foreigners need to stay in the designated areas beyond the 144 hours due to uncontrollable circumstances, they should immediately notify and apply to the exit/entry administration department of the public security bureau for corresponding stay permits.

4) Foreigners who fail to remain in the designated area or fail to leave within the specified time limit, to exit from designated ports or process accommodation registration, will be punished by exit/entry border inspection authorities or the local public security bureau according to the law.

Author: Monica Liu

Editor: Simon Haywood

Editor: Monica Liu

Scan to share on WeChat

Scan to follow us on WeChat

Related News

Home|About us|Contact us|Southcn.com

WWW.NEWSGD.COM. All rights reserved.

WWW.NEWSGD.COM. All rights reserved.|Registered number 020074| 粤公网安备 44010402000511号|ICP备案号粤B-20050235