Here are procedures of application for adoption registration in Guangdong by foreign adopters:
1. Upon receipt of the Notice of Travelling to China for Adoption issued by the China Center for Children's Welfare and Adoption, the foreign adoptive parent shall make an appointment with the Guangdong Adoption Registration Center ten days before he or she comes to Guangdong to register the adoption;
2. The adopter meets the adoptee and a handover ceremony is held at the Guangdong Adoption Registration Center;
Address: 8F, Fuhua Trade Building, 233 Dade Lu, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou.
3. The foreign adopter and the person placing out the child for adoption shall sign an Agreement of Entrusted Custody during Integration Period. The period of integration shall be within 48 hours, and any abnormalities occurring during this period shall be reported to the Guangdong Adoption Registration Center in a timely manner.
4. Upon expiration of the integration period, if neither the adopter nor the adoptee has any objection, the adopter, the person placing out the child for adoption and the adoptee shall go to the Guangdong Adoption Registration Center in person for adoption registration. The adoption relationship is established as of the date of registration.
Materials of adoption registration
1. One original copy of the Notice of Travelling to China for Adoption;
2. Passport of the adopter and one photocopy of the passport;
3. The Application Form for Adoption Registration filled in by the adopter (attached with one-inch photo, i.e. 33mm×48mm, of each of the husband and the wife of the adopting couple)；
4. One original copy of each of the Adoption Agreement and the Agreement of Entrusted Custody during Integration Period between the adopter and the person placing out the child for adoption；
5. When a married couple adopt a child together, if one party is not present, one original copy of the authorization letter on adoption, which is notarized by the notary office of the adopter’s resident country and certified by the Chinese embassy (consulate) in that country shall be provided.
The registrar shall go through registration formalities for eligible adopters and, upon approval by the Guangdong Provincial Department of Civil Affairs, issue the Adoption Registration Certificate within 7 days. The adoption relationship is established as of the date of registration.
Source: Guangzhou Foreign Affairs Office