On February 3, the Hong Kong and Macao Affairs Office of the People’s Government of Guangdong Province, together with officials of Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and related departments, revealed several measures to deepen Guangdong-Hong Kong cooperation further. The measures center on five aspects, including improving joint prevention and control of the COVID-19 pandemic; cooperation in science, technology, finance, and commerce; cross-border infrastructure construction and convenient customs clearance as well as youth exchange and education cooperation; cooperation in society and people's livelihood.
Improving pandemic control
1. Fully support the epidemic prevention and control work of Hong Kong.
Boosting collaboration on technology, finance, and trade
2.Jointly build the Shenzhen side and Hong Kong side of Shenzhen-Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Cooperation Zone.
3.Cooperate with HKSAR's government to implement the "Outstanding Creative Talents Program," creating a policy environment that is attractive to high-end talent at home and abroad.
4. Deepen financial interconnection between Guangdong and Hong Kong, striving to expand the scope of "interconnected" stocks gradually, and proactively facilitate the inclusion of pre-profit biotech companies listed in Hong Kong on the Stock Connect that would allow trading of those companies’ shares on the Chinese mainland; Strive to accelerate the implementation of "cross-border financial management."
5. encourage Hong Kong business people to expand sales in the domestic market and jointly attract foreign investments with the HKSAR government.
6. Promote Guangdong-Hong Kong horse industry cooperation.
Enhancing cross-boundary infrastructure and simple customs clearance
7. Promote the implementation of the "Hong Kong automobiles going north" Program on Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge.
8. Promote the reconstruction of Huanggang Port, and strive to implement the "one place, two inspections" customs clearance model at the new Huanggang Port in Shenzhen.
(Rendering of the new Huanggang Port, Photo:Xinhua)
Promoting youth exchange and education collaboration
9. Support and cooperate with the HKSAR Government to implement the "Greater Bay Area Youth Employment Plan."
10. Encourage Hong Kong youth to start businesses in mainland cities in GBA and promote ten Guangdong-Hong Kong youth innovation and entrepreneurship bases.
11. Strengthen higher education cooperation.
12. Strengthen cooperation in professional/vocational education and training.
(Guangzhou Hong Kong-Macao Youth Innovation and Entrepreneurship Service Centre)
Improving the quality of life for HK and Macao residents taking up residence in Guangdong
13. Support clinical emergency use of medicines and medical equipment registered in Hong Kong at the University of Hong Kong-Shenzhen Hospital in a pilot program.
14. facilitate SAR government’s new arrangement of having hospital joint-ventures provide follow-up medical counseling for Hong Kong residents living in Guangdong.
15. Promote eligible Hong Kong and Macao residents with residence permits to attend basic medical insurance for urban and rural residents in the GBA.