According to the Meteorological Bureau, thunderstorms and gusts are expected to hit Guangdong for a few days. There will be heavy rains and a temperature drop of 3-5℃ expected across much of the province.
March 5th, Tuesday, moderate to heavy rain and partial rainstorm in northern Guangdong and northern part of the Pearl River Delta region; heavy rain to rainstorm and partial downpour in Shaoguan and much across Qingyuan; cloudy with light rain spells across other regions of the province;
March 6th, Wednesday, heavy rain and partial rainstorm in northern Guangdong and the Pearl River Delta region; light to moderate rain across other regions of the province; temperature will drop by 3-5℃ across the province, lowest temperature will be 9-13℃ in northern Guangdong, 18-23℃ in western Guangdong, Pearl River Delta region and eastern Guangdong, and 14-17℃ in other regions;
March 7th - 8th, Thursday & Friday, moderate to heavy rain and partial rainstorm in northern Guangdong, Pearl River Delta region and some regions of western Guangdong; there will be heavy rain to rainstorm and partial downpour in southern Shaoguan and Qingyuan as well as northern regions of the Pearl River Delta; light to moderate rain across other regions of the province;
March 9th, Saturday, rainy across the province.
The Meteorological Bureau advises residents to pay attention to personal safety and property security in such a strong convective weather.
1. Clean away debris from balcony and roof, reinforce the mounting bracket of air-conditioner, put away clothing hung outdoor, and close the doors and windows before going out;
2. Try to avoid walking in a ponding; if you have no other choices, pay special attention to the surroundings to prevent from falling into a pit or a gutterway;
3. Stay away from exposed electric wires, overhead power lines and transformers to avoid getting an electric shock;
4. It is necessary to take precaution measures against mountain torrents and waterlogging if there is persistent heavy rain in your area.
5. When driving in a thunderstorm, drive slowly and keep a safe distance from vehicles in front of you.