NEWSGD.COM
Home | About Us | Contact Us | Site Map | Chinese
News | Biz | Pearl River Delta | Enjoy Life | Culture | Travelling | Pics | Cities & Towns | Gov Info | Specials
Home > News Brief > Guangdong
Work on second highway to start soon
Latest Updated by 2007-05-14 16:11:36
Related News
Airport Highway Opens
A new highway linking Jiangxi to be built
Guangdong News
Survey: 84 percent parents found children not grateful
Guangdong is most urbanized province, says report
Benefits scheme on tap in Guangdong

Guangdong will soon start the construction of its second highway linking its northeast neighbor Jiangxi Province in East China, opening the best economic route for East China to enter the Pearl River Delta via northern Guangdong.

With an investment of 7 billion yuan ($909 million), the construction will start next month and the highway is expected to open to traffic in 2009, according to Guangdong provincial highway bureau.

The highway starts from Oushan, Qujiang District of Shaoguan in the northern part of the province. It links with the Shaogan Highway (Shaoguan-Jiangxi) in the east which is already under construction and with the Jingzhu Highway (Beijing-Zhuhai) in the west. The six-lane highway will be 33.5 meters wide and 130 kilometers long with a designed speed of 100 kmh.

The first highway linking Jiangxi is Yuegan Highway (Guangdong-Jiangxi) that exits Guangdong in the northeast part of the province.

According to Liu Heping, director of the provincial highway bureau, the highway is designed to be all-sealed with grade separation and entry-and-exit control. It will connect Qujiang District of Shaoguan, Renhua County, Shixing County and the city of Nanxiong.

Liu, who inspected the Meishao Tunnel that started construction last October, said that he hopes the highway will be open to traffic in February 2009. The tunnel is a key project of the highway. Upon completion, the highway will help ease the traffic bottleneck among Chenzhou in Hunan Province, Ganzhou in Jiangxi Province and Shaoguan in Guangdong Province.

The project is the first commercial highway in the province, according to Liu. Guangdong provincial highway bureau provides 80 percent of the investment while Shaoguan city government shoulders the rest 20 percent.

Shaogan Highway is an important part of the highway network in plan for Guangdong Province. The accelerated construction of the project will help link with Jingzhu Highway, Yuegan Highway and other three trunk roads connecting Rucheng in Hunan Province and Yantian Port of Shenzhen.

Currently, Guangdong has six highways linking with its neighboring provinces. It will build another 11 highways by 2010, according to Liu. Among them, three highways will link the Pearl River Delta with Hunan Province in the north, two will connect Jiangxi Province in northeast.

In addition, the State project Daguang Highway (Daqing-Guangzhou) will also link the province with Ganzhou in Jiangxi Province.

Editor: Yan

By: Chen Hong Source: China Daily Website
Previous:  Benefits scheme on tap in Guangdong  Next:Doctors vow to save TM


Human Domino get people relaxed


20,000 walk Western Corridor


[Guangzhou] Eight New Attractive Places of Liwan District Selected


A park to be constructed in the greenbelt inside Ersha Island


Late Chen Yifei's Masterpiece to Fuel Auction Frenzy
This site contains material from other media for content enrichment purpose only.
The Southcn.com website do not endorse such content and do not bear the joint responsibility of their copyright infringement.
The views expressed in written material posted to the bulletin boards of Southcn.com are those of the authors and/or publishers. The Southcn.com website does not endorse information products posted by organizations and individuals here. The originators of these information products are solely responsible for their content.
For copyright infringement issues, you shall contact Southcn.com within thirty (30) days. Email: falv@southcn.com
If you find any error in this page, please drag your mouse to mark the text with error, then press "CTRL" and "ENTER", to inform us. Thanks for your help!
Home  |  About Us  |   Contact Us  |  Site Map  |  Chinese
©2005 WWW.NEWSGD.COM. All rights reserved.registered number 020074 Terms of Use | Advertise | ICP Certificate No.B2-20050252
Guangdong Gov Link
Guangdong Gov Brief
State Structure
Guangdong in Brief
Laws & Regulations
Exchange Rate
Guangdong Guide
   
Museum Museum
University University
Eat Eat
Shopping Duting
Night Life Night Life
Weather Weather
Phone No. Phone Num
Consulate Consulate
Airport Airport
Travel Tips Tours Tips