Historic Relics & Interests
- Jintai Temple was originally built in the late Qing Dynasty and reconstructed in 1992.
- Former Residence of Su Zhaozheng, who was one of the earliest leaders of CPC, is now under provincial protection.
- Stone-slab-paved Baishi Jie in Qi'ao Island is a historic reminder that the local villagers successfully defeated the British invaders in 1832. They paved the main street with stone slabs bought with the silver compensated by the British side.
- Gongleyuan Garden was originally a private garden owned by Tang Shaoyi at the turning point between the Qing Dynasty and the Republic of China.
- Jiuzhoucheng, where Zhuhai Museum is located with lots of excavated ancient items of the Neolithic Age.
Zhuhai Travel Agency offers a package of a one-day bus tour. It sets off from Gongbei Customs to Mt.Fenghuangshan, and then comes back to Gongbei. There are 26 spots of interest along the line: Gongbei Customs, Zhuhai Pearl Lady in Xiangluwan Bay, Lianghuadong Cave, New Yuan Ming Yuan Palace, Meixi Pailous (Chinese gateways) and Zhuhai Agricultural Center. It seems to every visitor that this maybe one of the best bus tours ever offered in China.
This site contains material from other media for content enrichment purpose only.
The Southcn.com website do not endorse such content and do not bear the joint responsibility of their copyright infringement.
The views expressed in written material posted to the bulletin boards of Southcn.com are those of the authors and/or publishers. The Southcn.com website does not endorse information products posted by organizations and individuals here. The originators of these information products are solely responsible for their content.
For copyright infringement issues, you shall contact Southcn.com within thirty (30) days. Email: email@example.com