The Five Homes of the Canton Fair
1. China-Soviet Union Friendship Building - the location of the first Canton Fair.
In 1957, the first Canton Fair, was held in China-Soviet Union Friendship Building. This is now sequenced as No.5 exhibition hall for trading machinery. At that time the entire exhibition hall covered only a floor space of 18,000 sqm whereas the Canton Fair rented 14,000 sqm.
2 . Qiaoguanglu Exhibition Hall - as named by Chen Yi
The third Canton Fair, held in the spring of 1958, was moved to the China Export Goods Exhibition Hall, located in Qiaoguanglu No. 2.
Chen Yi, the then vice premier of the State Council, inscribed the name of the hall. The third, fourth and fifth Canton Fairs were held here.
3. Qiyilu Exhibition Hall - a gift made to mark the 10th anniversary of the founding of the People’s Republic of China.
The 6th Canton Fair was moved to the Qiyilu Exhibition Hall, located in 1#, Qiyilu in Haizhu Square, Guangzhou City. The next few Canton Fairs were staged here until the 34th event.
4．Liuhualu Exhibition Hall— reputed to be one of Guangzhou’s eight most beautiful new landscapes.
At the beginning of April 1974, the Liuhualu Exhibition Hall was put into use. It was the biggest single civil architecture project in Guangdong Province of that time.
In 1985 , Liuhualu Exhibition Hall was chosen as one of the eight most beautiful new scenic spots in Guangzhou City.
5.Pazhou Exhibition Hall - a new home for Canton Fair
The 104th Canton Fair, was staged in the Pazhou Exhibition Hall in the autumn of 2008. The A, B, and C zones of the building were all utilized.
The scale of the Pazhou Exhibition Hall exceeds that of the Hannover Exhibition Center in Germany, making it the largest exhibition center in the world.