Newsgd.com (GDToday) is working with Thumb Holiday to present our subscribers an amazing mooncake making event by the Pearl River on September 19th. As of now, we have received more applicants than the preset capacity.
For those who didn't make it to the event on the 19th and those who still want to sign up for this amazing event, don't worry, we will hold one more on September 27th at the same venue Aiqun Hotel. Limited seats, first come first served.
(File photo: Zhu Hongbo)
Sitting in the Revolving Restaurant of Aiqun Hotel, you can enjoy delicious high tea and overlook the beautiful Pearl River and the amazing views on both riversides. A tour around the Aiqun Hotel with our English-speaking guide will show you more about the landmark building and its moving stories.
Under the guidance of professional chefs from the hotel, you will be able to make your own mooncakes and take them back home to enjoy with your family and friends. Join us now to prepare an unforgettable Mid-Autumn Festival in Guangzhou!
GDToday and Thumb Holiday's fans activity: mooncake making experience by the Pearl River
Time: 13:30-17:30, Sunday, September 27th, 2020
Venue: Revolving Restaurant, 17F, Aiqun Hotel
Add.: No. 113 Yanjiang Xi Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou (广州市越秀区沿江西路113号)
Nearest bus stop: Aiqun Dasha station (爱群大厦站)
Nearest metro station: Yide Lu (一德路), Line 6 (use Exit A)
● 13:00-13:30 Register at the Revolving Restaurant;
● 13:30-14:00 Visit the museum of Aiqun Hotel;
● 14:00-14:15 Back to the Revolving Restaurant;
● 14:15-15:00 Hotel chef explains the Mid-Autumn Festival customs and mooncake culture, and demonstrates how to make traditional baked mooncakes & ice skin mooncakes;
● 15:00-17:00 Make mooncakes in groups under hotel chef's guidance, and enjoy high tea;
● 17:00-17:30 Taste the mooncakes, pack and take away your hand-made mooncakes.
(File photo: Xiao Xiong)
● Try your hand at making traditional baked mooncakes & ice skin mooncakes;
● Enjoy high tea in a revolving restaurant by the Pearl River;
● An exclusive tour around the Aiqun Hotel, a landmark of the old Guangzhou.
Fee: 48RMB per person (Same fee applies to both children and adults)
High tea at the Revolving Restaurant (Photo provided to Newsgd.com)
1. According to the holiday notice for the Mid-Autumn Festival and China's National Day in 2020, September 27th (Sunday) is a work day. Please make sure you can attend the event on that day.
2. Please do not repeat your submission, and if you do need to change your information and submit again, please make sure you leave a message via "other request" and tell us which entry is your final decision.
3. This is a special offer for GDToday's fans, and it is the actual cost of the materials for making mooncakes.
4. Please wear a mask on your way to the hotel, and prepare your Suikang or Yuekang code for checking upon arrival at the hotel.
How to sign up:
1. Scan this QR code to fill out the application form and submit it. Deadline for application: September 20th.
2. After successful submission, you will receive an email with the payment code. Please remember to check your email timely.
3. Scan the QR code to pay the fee with WeChat Pay, and the deadline for payment will be September 23rd. Then you will receive another confirmation email, that means you have signed up for the event successfully.
(File photo provided to Newsgd.com)
About Aiqun Hotel
Founded in 1937, Aiqun Hotel was the most modern and luxurious hotel in China at that time, enjoying the reputation of "the crown of South China". The landmark building is the first high-rise building with steel frame structure in Guangzhou and the tallest building in South China back then. It is also a typical arcade building with Guangzhou characteristics.
From 1950s to early 1960s, Aiqun Hotel was an important place for foreign activities in Guangzhou. It is said that at that time, the consulates of various countries in Guangzhou would specifically ask for chefs and waiters from Aiqun Hotel to cater for their receptions and parties.
Today's Aiqun Hotel is a cultural relic protection unit in Guangzhou. Nearby there is Guangzhou Folk Financial Street, Shangxiajiu Commercial Pedestrian Street, and wholesale markets around Yide Road, Culture Park and Thirteen Hongs.
Author | Monica
Editor | Jerry