Fifteen self-service exit channels at Baiyun International Airport, which enable travelers to complete the departure process in a couple of minutes, are now available.
The exit process just requires three steps.
Passengers must scan their boarding passes.
And then they need to scan their entry-exit permits.
Finally, they need to complete the comparisons of fingerprint and portrait.
What permits are accepted by the exit channels?
1. Permits that are allowed to pass directly
● Chinese biometric passports
● Card-type entry-exit permits for residents of Chinese mainland to Hong Kong and Macao with valid endorsements
● Card-type entry-exit permits for residents of Chinese mainland toTaiwanwith valid endorsements (group travel endorsements are not included)
2. Permits that require prior application and acquisition of face and fingerprint information
● Paper-type entry-exit permits for residents of Chinese mainland to Hong Kong and Macao
● Paper-type entry-exit permits for residents of Chinese mainland to Taiwan (group travel endorsements are not included)
● Paper-type entry-exit permits for residents of Taiwan to Chinese mainland
● Entry-exit permits for residents of Hong Kong and Macao to Chinese mainland
● Card-type entry-exit permits for residents of Taiwan to Chinese mainland
● Foreign biometric passports with permanent residence permits or residence permits of at least six months
What to pay attention to when scanning the boarding passes?
The boarding passes should be valid within 24 hours. If a passenger holds an interline ticket, then he/she should scan the boarding pass of the trip that departs from Guangzhou.
Boarding passes printed from various channels may look different, and passengers only need to scan the side with bar codes.
What to pay attention to when passing the self-service channels?
Passengers need to take off their glasses, hats, masks and other items that cover their heads and tuck in their bangs when conducting comparisons of fingerprints and portraits.
Those who use the biometric permits only need to scan the permits with their front side up.
Those who use the non-biometric permits need to turn to the page where the bar code is and scan it.
How to print statements of entry and exit records?
When travelers use self-service channels, their entry and exit documents will no longer receive Chinese inspection stamps. Rather than having their passport stamped, passengers can print a statement that records their entry and exit record at the machines set beside the self-service channels.
Source | Silk Road Post & Baiyun Border Inspection Department