Apart from APM lines and trams, Guangzhou Metro launches QR code payment service with its official APP. Passengers can obtain a QR code and scan it to pass the orange turnstile (equipped with cloud computing technology) for metro ride.
Such a mobile payment is based on Guangzhou Metro APP and Alipay, the popular third-party payment platform.
At first, registration is needed with cellphone number on that APP, passengers can choose to link their accounts with Alipay, and have the fees deducted every time they take a ride.
The renewed interface of Guangzhou Metro APP (Chinese version) has a “QR code” icon in the middle of the bottom row. Passengers can press the icon, and enter the interface where they can grant the APP the authorization of payment.
Next, when passing the entrance and exit in metro, passengers can scan the QR code for mobile payment on the machine. The whole process only takes about 0.2 seconds.
However, now QR code readers for the APP are only available in certain metro stations (APM, trams excluded) installed with the orange turnstiles.
Tips for using the QR code payment service:
1. Press the “QR code” icon in the middle of the bottom row on the interface of the APP (Chinese version - 广州地铁).
The QR code for scanning.
2. Press the black icon in the middle of the interface.
3. Grant the APP the authorization of payment following the Alipay instructions.
4. Back to Guangzhou Metro APP, press the black icon in the middle to get the QR code.
5. Scan the QR code on the orange turnstile.
Reported by Will, Heather