This is a solicitation with huge cash prizes for the logo design of “好心茂名”, which is a city brand of Maoming, hometown of Lady Xian.
Lady Xian was devoted to her nation and people by upholding her motto of “from goodwill, with good deeds, for goodness” (唯用一好心). The city Maoming is named after a Taoist called Pan Maoming in the Jin Dynasty who cured and saved people as a doctor. These two examples indicate that “好心” is regarded as a symbol of Maoming’s image.
Now the solicitation for “好心茂名” logo is open to everyone. A total of RMB 85,000 cash prize is waiting for you. Wanna know how to win big? Read this solicitation through.
Note: This is the English translation of the original Chinese solicitation which is provided on Page 2. In case of any ambiguity or discrepancy between the Chinese and English versions of this solicitation’s clauses, the Chinese version shall prevail.
Recently, the Publicity Department of CPC Maoming Municipal Committee and the Civilization Office of Maoming Municipal Government announce the solicitation for “好心茂名” logo open to the whole community. This event is designed to develop Maoming’s image as a city of great virtue, consolidate citizen’s identity, summon up social morality, bring together positive energy for the city’s advance and create a civilized city. Rules and requirements of the solicitation are set out as follows:
1. About the logo
A “好心茂名” logo shall consist of graphics, fonts, colors and structure. Each applicant shall submit one 3D drawing and one graphic drawing for his or her design (available for both 3D emblem and print media).
2. Logo submission period
From now to June 30, 2017.
3. Entry requirements
(1) The logo submitted by the applicant shall be centered on “好心” (literally good heart) and stand out with well-defined theme. It can demonstrate Maoming’s distinctive human culture, history, locality and modern glamour. Maoming is the hometown of Lady Xian, the “Saintly Mother of Lingnan” respected by local people. Lady Xian strove to safeguard the country’s territorial integrity and national unity by upholding her motto of “from goodwill, with good deeds, for goodness” (唯用一好心). Former Chinese Premier Zhou Enlai called her “the First Heroine of China”.
The city is named after a Taoist called Pan Maoming in the Jin Dynasty who cured and saved people as a doctor. These two examples indicate that “好心” is regarded as a symbol of Maoming’s image. The logo shall reflect such cultural background and inheritance of such great virtues by Maoming citizens. The design shall embody Maoming citizens’ solidarity, harmony, integrity, inclusiveness, ambition for developing an ideal city under the guidance of the municipal Party committee and municipal government.
(2) The logo shall be original, expressive and appealing. It is a blend of local features, Chinese styles and international elements, easy to be understood and recognized by people from different regions and of different backgrounds.
(3) Simplicity, aesthetic perception, creativity and precise theme are requisite criteria. The logo shall be easy to understand by citizens and suitable for media promotion and communication with clear lines, expressive symbolization and strong visual impact.
(4) The logo shall be attached with text that introduces specifications (such as size, colors, materials for making emblem) and design conceptions (such as name, significance, implication and background).
(5) The logo shall comply with applicable laws, regulations, public order and moral. There is no restriction on design style or category. Applicant can provide one or many design proposals. Any design must be original, and not have been published previously in any form. The applicant fully has the intellectual property rights on any design he or she submits. The logo must not be identical to or resemble any other city’s logo or infringe on any copyright.
(1) Requirements for design proposal
The applicant shall submit “好心茂名” Logo Design Proposal (in electronic format or on CD-ROM) and Description for “好心茂名” Logo Design Proposal.
1) In the “好心茂名” Logo Design Proposal, the applicant is required to provide graphic design drawing and 3D rendering of the logo, including editable and outputable source electronic file(s), image file(s) in JPG or TIF format and other files necessary for guaranteeing the quality of re-editing or re-output and style, for example, files of fonts. Resolution of the design shall be at 300dpi or above.
2) In the Description for “好心茂名” Logo Design Proposal, the applicant shall introduce design idea, philosophy and implication (no more than 500). Descriptions for 3D design proposal and graphic design proposal must be submitted respectively.
3) The applicant’s name, biography, contact number and detailed contact address shall be submitted along with the design proposal.
(2) How to submit
The submission can be delivered personally or sent by post or email.
Address: Room 724, 7th Office Building, Maoming Municipal Party Committee Compound, Youcheng Fifth Road, Maonan District, Maoming
Attention: Civilization Office of Maoming Municipal Government
Contact: Lai Xuanren
Post code: 525000
Name of this event, Solicitation for “好心茂名” Logo, plus name of designer shall be written on the subject of email and front of envelope.
5. Evaluation Procedure
The organizer will invite experts and professionalsto form an evaluation panel for reviewing the submissions and collect opinions or likes from the public via website or WeChat account. The organizer will discuss and make the final decision based on opinions of the panel and the public, and publish the result through the media.
One Grand Prize winner: RMB 30,000;
three First Prize winners: RMB 10,000 per person;
five Second Prize winners: RMB 3,000 per person;
ten Third Prize winners:RMB 1,000 per person.
7. Intellectual Property
(1) Copyright of any design submitted by applicant is legally protected. All intellectual property rights, including rights of prize-winning logos and, copyright and neighboring rights are owned by the organizer. The organizer reserves the rights relevant to the prize-winning “好心茂名” logos, including but not limited to the right to use, develop, modify, authorize, permit and protect such logos in any form. Any individual or organization is not allowed to use such logos without the consent of the organizer.
(2) The submitter is liable for any infringement of copyright and shall indemnify and hold harmless the organizer against any liability and loss caused by or related to such infringement committed by the submitter.
(3) Before the final result is published, the applicant is forbidden to participate in any other relevant contests with the same design the applicant submits for this solicitation. The submitter is liable for any legal dispute incurred by repeated submission. The winner cannot use his or her award-winning design for any commercial purposes except for exhibition.
8. Other notes
(1) Submitter’s name and identity shall be specified on the submission, otherwise the submitter will be responsible for any dispute caused by or related to unidentified submission.
(2) Please do not send the same design proposal for more than one time. In the case that the same design proposalis received for more than one time, the first one according to the time order will be chosen for evaluation.
(3) No fee is charged for any participation in this solicitation. In case any organization or individualcollects feefrom any participant in the name of this solicitation, the organizer reserves the right to pursue legal action.
(4) Submission will not be returned so designer shall keep a copy of the design.
(5)The Publicity Department of CPC Maoming Municipal Committee and the Civilization Office of Maoming Municipal Government reserve the right of final interpretation. If anyone submits a design proposal, then the submitter is deemed to have recognized the content of this announcement.
Publicity Department of CPC Maoming Municipal Committee
Civilization Office of Maoming Municipal Government
April 24, 2017