Labor Relationship for Foreign Employee
2014-November-5 Source:
Text Size: A A A | Print | Share by E-mail:

On January 31, 2013, the Supreme Court issues the Interpretations on Several Issues on the Application of Law in Hearing the Cases Involving Labor Disputes (IV)(“Interpretation IV”) . According to Article 14, “where a foreigner or stateless person enters into labor contract with employer without obtaining work permit or a resident of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Macau Special Administrative Region or Taiwan enters into labor contract without obtaining such permit, his/her labor relation with employer shall not be sustained by court. Where a foreigner with the Foreign Expert Certificate and the Work Permit for Foreign Experts in China establishes labor relation with employer, such relation may be sustained”.

The judge of the Supreme Court explains if foreigner, stateless person and the resident from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan do not have work permit or relevant certificate, they are not eligible employee and consequently the labor relationship cannot be established.

(This information is provided by Lawyer Kelly Xie from Guangdong KaiTong Law Firm in friendship. It is not any legal opinion or legal grounds addressed to any organization or individual. For inquiry, please contact Kelly via email at or by phone on 13926185641.)

Editor: 王凯
Related News
This site contains material from other media for content enrichment purpose only. The website do not endorse such content and do not bear the joint responsibility of their copyright infringement. The views expressed in written material posted to the bulletin boards of are those of the authors and/or publishers. The website does not endorse information products posted by organizations and individuals here. The originators of these information products are solely responsible for their content. For copyright infringement issues, you shall contact within thirty (30) days. Email:
Home | About Us | Contact Us | registered number 020074 | ICP Certificate No.B2-20050252