How to apply for residence permit
2009-August-10 Source:
Text Size: A A A | Print | Share by E-mail:

Aliens' residence cards are issued to those who stay in China for one year or more. Aliens' temporary residence cards are issued to those who stay less than one year in China.  

Aliens holding visas D, Z, X, or J-1 shall, within 30 days of entry into China, obtain aliens' residence cards from the city or county public security bureau at the place of their residence. The period of the validity of the aforementioned certificates is the duration of the holder's permitted stay in China.

Aliens holding visas F, L, G, C or J-2 may stay in China for the period prescribed in their visas without obtaining residence certificates.


(1) Submit for examination their passports, visas and papers supporting their purposes of residence;

(2) Fill in residence application form;

(3) In applying for aliens' residence cards, submit for examination health certificates and recently-taken two-inch half-length , bareheaded, full-faced photos.

Editor: Miranda
Related News
This site contains material from other media for content enrichment purpose only. The website do not endorse such content and do not bear the joint responsibility of their copyright infringement. The views expressed in written material posted to the bulletin boards of are those of the authors and/or publishers. The website does not endorse information products posted by organizations and individuals here. The originators of these information products are solely responsible for their content. For copyright infringement issues, you shall contact within thirty (30) days. Email:
Home | About Us | Contact Us | registered number 020074 | ICP Certificate No.B2-20050252