• Mobile version
  • Follow us on Wechat
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • App

Website reveals what the person before you searched for - showing people's bizarre requests

Most of us have shiftily looked something up on Google that we'd rather keep private.

曾经偷偷用谷歌搜索过不为人知的小秘密?我们大多都经历过吧。

From slightly embarrassing medical issues, naff guilty-pleasure pop songs, to researching issues which are personal to you, the search engine never judges you.

因为搜索引擎的好处在于,无论你搜什么——小到些许难为情的内科杂症,低俗却酸爽的流行乐,大到与个人隐私相关的事宜,它都绝不会戴有色眼镜来看你。

We're not here to judge, either. What you look up on Google is your business.

它不会,我们也不会。毕竟,这是你的个人隐私。

Sort of.

不过,这事儿也没法打包票。

There is in fact a way of finding out what the person just before you searched.

如今的确有方法查出,前一个用户在搜什么。

Here's how it works.

操作流程是这样的。

The tool is called Mystery Search and while there's no way of knowing who that person is, it does throw up their results.

这里我们用到一个工具,那就是神秘搜索器,通过它,虽无法确定搜索人身份,但却能看见此人的搜索内容和结果。

So when you type something in, the person after you will be able to see what that was.

所以说,如果用了“神秘”搜索,你之后的用户会看见你的隐私哦。

For example, we were daydreaming about dinner, so decided to look up some inspiration.

比如说,有一天,我们正在幻想自己晚餐吃什么,于是决定上网搜搜寻找灵感。

And got, er, whatever this is.

然而,我们这次用的是神秘搜索器,呃,这搜索结果到底是什么鬼……

A search for flowers which bloom in winter got us a result for how old Tom Hardy is (39 in case you were wondering), but the possibilities are endless and capable of being VERY weird - worryingly so sometimes.

此外,用它来搜索“冬季盛开的花有哪些”得到的答案却是“汤姆•哈迪的年龄”(39岁,如果你好奇的话),当然,这还只是小意思,你还会看到无数千奇百怪的搜索结果,要多怪有多怪,有时甚至到了让人担忧的地步。

Because now people are cottoning on to this tool, they're having some fun with it.

现如今大家已熟知“神秘”的功能,所以一直乐此不疲地拿它找乐子。

Taking to Reddit to share what the Mystery Search churned up for them, users revealed the results they got.

用户们在红迪网上分享自己都用“神秘”搜索翻出来些什么内容。

There were alarming ones.

有格外扎眼的内容:

"I got 'how to join KKK,'" someone disturbingly revealed.

某用户忐忑道:“我搜到的是如何加入3K党”。

There were nonsense ones.

有些则比较无厘头。

'I spent ages pondering before going for 'origin of shiver me timbers'. I got 'lol lol lol'"

一名用户写道:“我想了很久才决定搜shiver me timbers(吓老子一跳)这个短语的出处,结果我得到的搜索结果是三个大笑的缩略语。”

Better luck next time.

只能祝这位用户下次好运。

Other results were 'sexy Pikachu', 'text me pictures of Chewbacca' and someone in Russia who is worried about what's eating wild and domestic raccoons.

还有诸如“性感皮卡丘”、“给我发些楚巴卡的图片”这样的搜索结果,某俄罗斯用户甚至关心野生和驯养的浣熊吃什么。

There is of course a downside to the Mystery Search fun. Some results probably aren't the sort of thing you want on your internet history.

当然了,神秘搜索欢乐多,隐患也多。总有一些搜索记录是你不愿被他人窥见的。

Take it from Redditor FlyAwayWithMeTomorrow, who said, "I'm stopping due to possibly highly legally questionable material showing up for my ISP in a search."

正如红迪网某ID为“明天老子带你飞”的用户表示:“我要停用它了,有一次搜索时我的服务器居然跳出了一些严重违法的内容。”

Source: 罗玲敏 & 丹妮from language.chinadaily.com.cn

Related News