I Application requirements
(I) For foreign infants born in China, foreign seamen and their accompanying family members need to leave the cities where the ports are located, persons who renounce his/her Chinese nationality, foreigners who apply for extension due to expiration of his/her visa or visa-free period;
(II) Foreigners who are prohibited from exit, including persons under probation, on parole,medical parole, living at home under surveillance, assisting investigation, and foreigners who are released from prison but aren’t deported and can accept a visa.
II Application documents (note: The following (I) to (IV) must be provided and documents listed in (V) may be provided as the case may be.)
(I) Completing the Foreigner Visa Documents Application Form and affixed with recently taken two-inch half-length, bareheaded and full-faced photo in blue background; then the form is sealed by the inviting entities and signed by the applicant and the agent’s signature shall also be affixed as required;
(II) Providing effective Receipt for Digital Photo Collection in Visa for Foreigners inGuangdong and signature of applicant;
(III) Providing valid passport or other international travel certificates, visa certificates and seal of this entry and photocopies of these documents;
(IV) Providing computer print-out, Registration Form of Temporary Residence, issued by police station where he/she temporarily live or Registration Form of Foreigner Temporary Lodge issued by hotels connected to network of public security bureau; the photocopies shall be provided after the original ones pass examination.
(V) Certificates related to application:
1. The following documents shall be provided: (1) Residence Permit, (2) deregistered Employment Certificate or Expert Certificate, Termination Agreement on Employment issued by his/her former employer, if foreigners who intend to stay after expiration of his/her Residence Permit for Job.
2. The following documents shall be provided: (1) Residence Permit, (2) diploma or Certificate of Completion, Certificate or Expert Certificate, Letter on Termination of Education issued by his/her former school, if foreigners who intend to stay after expiration of his/her Residence Permit for Study.
3. The following documents shall be provided: (1) Residence Permit, (2) Termination Agreement on Employment issued by his/her former employer, if foreigners who intend to stay after expiration of his/her Residence Permit for Journalists.
4. The following documents shall be provided: (1) Residence Permit, (2) explanation issued by his/her interviewee about deregistration, if foreigners who intend to stay after expiration of his/her Residence Permit for Family Union and Personal Affairs.
5. If visa-exempt foreigners need to stay in China longer than the visa-free period due to reasons other than, the related certificates and materials shall be provided by referring to Instructions on Visa Extension and Renewal in the light of his/her reasons for stay in Shenzhen.
6. Foreign seamen and their accompanying family members need to leave the cities where the ports are located, seaman''s book or other travel certificates and Certificate Letter on Family Relation issued by shipping agency and flight (ship or bus) ticket.
7．The following documents shall be provided: (1) renunciation of Chinese nationality (2) Certificate on Deregistration of Household, Deregistered Household Certificate, (3) non-deregistered immigration documents (such as passport, certificate to Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao) applied in the name of mainland Chinese, if person who intend to stay after renunciation of his/her Chinese nationality.
8. For foreign infants born in China, his/her parents shall conduct birth registration at Exit-Entry Administration Department of Public Security Bureau within 60 days after birth of infant upon production of after submission of birth certificates and their passport. If the infant needs to stay in China after obtaining his/her passport, residence permit may be issued by referring of period specified on residence permit of his/her parents after submission of birth certificates, infant’s passport and passport of his/her parents.
9. For foreigners who are ordered to exit China within a prescribed time limit, the related residence permit may be issued by referring to the stay period set out in a decisions or judgment issued by related departments. For foreigners who are prohibited from exiting China, the related stay permit may be issued after submission of Certificate of Restriction on Exit and Certificate on Assisting Investigation issued by related departments.
10．Foreigners who are rejected to exit/entry visa documents but aren’t deported or repatriated decisions or explanation by the competent authorities.
(VI) The agent shall provide the above required documents;
(VII) Other certificates required by Public Security Bureau (details see clause 2 Application Method of Article 3).
III Application method
(I) The applicant must personally present to this Department to conduct related procedures and make interview with our staff if the foreigners apply for visa extension in Shenzhen; provided that the agent is permitted after providing certificate of diagnosis issued by the People’s Hospital above district level if applicant less than 16 years of age or exceeding 60 years of age and mobility-handicapped applicant due to diseases etc.
(II) The person may act as agent for application if the foregoing paragraph of this article is satisfied and one of the following requirements is met:
1. Family members of the applicant may act as agent upon production of family relationship certificate;
2. Employee of inviter may act as agent upon Handling of Entry & Exit Business signed by inviter and the agent’s ID card;
(III) Information Verification
1. After acceptance of application, staff of Exit-Entry Administration Department may verify the inviter and applicant information through telephone, interview and field survey to ensure its truth. The acceptance shall be revoked if application fails to pass exanimation. If visa and certificates become invalid after revocation of application, it shall be settled in accordance with laws.
2. This Department may require the inviter or individual to provide certificate of deposit with certain amount and such amount shall be frozen and provided security for living costs of the foreigner during his/her stay in China.
3. Contact person of inviting entities, inviter, agent and applicants shall keep their telephone open (it is suggested that both mobile phone and fixed-line telephone are provided and extension number also shall be provided). If any one of contact numbers cannot be reached, the application shall be revoked. If visa and certificates become invalid after revocation of application, it shall be settled in accordance with laws.
4. The application shall be revoked if the applicant fails to present interview with out staff at date and place designated by this Department except it is caused by force majeure. If visa and certificates become invalid after revocation of application, it shall be settled in accordance with laws.
IV Competent Authorities
The Exit-Entry Administration Department of Shenzhen Public Security Bureau (Jiefang Road NO. 4016, Luohu District, Shenzhen)
V Issuing Period 7 working days after acceptance of application (investigation period shall not be calculated if the public security bureau thinks necessary for investigation)）
VI Other Affairs
(I) [Paper and pen] Please use pen with blue or black ink or roller pen to complete the application form. Except otherwise required, original of all documents shall be examined and photocopies shall be submitted. A 4 paper is used for photocopies and all application documents shall be arranged in accordance with the above sequences.
(II) [Seal] All certificates issued by entities must be affixed with its official seals.
(III) [Entity file system] The Exit-Entry Administration Department of Shenzhen Public Security Bureau implements file and credit rating system for the entity that issues invitation letter and this may be use as important reference for issuance of visa documents.
(IV) [Family members] mean spouse, parents, parents-in-law, child, brothers and sisters, grand parents, grand parents-in-law, grandchildren, grandchildren-in-law, spouse of child. [Relatives] mean spouse, parents, parents-in-law, children with age less than 18 years old. [Relationship certification] means various certificates issued by competent authorities of related countries, including marriage certificate, birth certificate, adoption certificate, household certificate, or other relative relationship certification and relative relationship d by himself/herself is notarized and authenticated by foreign embassies or consulates in China. [Translation] if related certificate is in foreign languages, it shall be translated by Translation Company incorporated in Shenzhen. The names should be translated into English, and the rest content should be translated into Chinese, and be affixed with seal of such Translation Company. Business license of related Translation Company shall also be attached. [Authentication] Under the request of Public Security Bureau, certificates issued by foreign entities and institutions shall be authenticated by Chinese embassies or consulates locate in such country.
(V) [Renewal of stay permit] Foreigners shall apply for renewal of his/her stay permit with the documents specified in this instruction and certificates to prove occurrence of force majeure event if he/she fails to exit China with valid period of his/her stay permit due to force majeure.
(VI) [Recertification] If the new passport needed when passport will expire or visa page used up etc, or increase of accompanying persons, passport in this entry or related certificate of foreign embassies or consulates in China on collection of the old one shall be provided and the above documents shall be provided to the Exit-Entry Administration Department of Shenzhen Public Security Bureau to apply for new stay permit.
(VII) [Return receipt] Public Security Bureau will issue return receipt after accepting foreigner’s stay permit and application documents. A foreigner may stay in China in accordance with such return receipt during submission of passport.
(VIII) [Related law] Nationality Law of The Peoples Republic of China Article 3: The Peoples Republic of China does not recognize dual nationality for any Chinese national. Article 4: Any person born in China whose parents are both Chinese nationals or one of whose parents is a Chinese national shall have Chinese nationality. Article 5: Any person born abroad whose parents are both Chinese nationals or one of whose parents is a Chinese national shall have Chinese nationality. But a person whose parents are both Chinese nationals and have both settled abroad, or one of whose parents is a Chinese national and has settled abroad, and who has acquired foreign nationality at birth shall not have Chinese nationality.
VII Reject to visa application made by the Exit-Entry Administration Department of Shenzhen Public Security Bureau shall be final. The competent authorities need not to give reasons why not issue visa.
VIII This instruction shall be construed by the Exit-Entry Administration Department of Shenzhen Public Security Bureau and this bureau reserves rights to amend this instructions.
IX Website d by Shenzhen Public Security Bureau: www.sz3e.com (may make an appointment) enquiry telephone number: 84465490 (during working hours)
Source: The Exit-Entry Administration Department of Shenzhen Public Security Bureau