If you're the foreign spouse or children (under age 18) of a foreign student studying in Guangdong, or you're the parents or overseas guardian of a foreign student under age 18 studying in Guangdong, if you need to prolong your stay in Guangdong,you must apply for visa extension before your visa expires.
● Documents Required
When applying for a visa, you are obliged to answer relevant questions and submit the following documents:
1. Original and photocopy of your valid passport, current Chinese visa and latest entry stamp;
2. Completed "Form of Application for Visa and Residence Permit";
3. One (1) Visa photograph for Foreigners in Guangdong Province and a receipt of such photograph;
4. Registration Form of Temporary Residence;
5. An application letter from the university, college or school where the foreign student studying;
6. Original (for examination) and photocopy of the foreign student's passport and residence permit;
7. Original and photocopy of evidence of relationship to the foreign student:
1) Marriage certificate for the spouse;
2) Birth certificate or kinship certificate for the children;
3) An Authorizing Letter of the foreign student's parents and a Notarization of Guardianship;
8. Other documents considered as necessary by the public security authority. All the evidence issued by foreign authorities should be authenticated by the Chinese embassy or consulate in that country. Translation by the notary organ is required when it is not in English or Chinese.
Source: Guangdong Provincial Public Security Department