If you come to China to receive medical treatment, or for other personal reasons, you shall enter China with Visa L. You can stay in China within the time limit or the period of validity prescribed in your visas. If you want to extend your stay in Guangdong, you must apply for visa extension before your authorized stay expires.
● Documents Required
When applying for a visa, you are obliged to answer relevant questions and submit the following documents:
1. Original and photocopy of your valid passport and Chinese visa;
2. Completed "Form of Application for Visa and Residence Permit";
3. One (1) Visa photograph for Foreigners in Guangdong Province and a receipt of such photograph;
4. Registration Form of Temporary Residence;
5. If you're a visitor for Medical Treatment in Guangdong, the diagnosis certificates issued by the hospitals on the county level or above
6. If you're a visitor for other personal reasons in Guangzhou: relevant certificates supporting your reason of stay in Guangdong;
7. Other documents considered as necessary by the public security authority.
Source: Guangdong Provincial Public Security Department