If you're the spouses, parents or children (under age 18) of a Chinese citizen (including residents of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), or of a foreign citizen with Permanent Residence status in China, you shall enter China with Visa L to visit your family members.You can stay in China within the time limit or the period of validity prescribed in your visas.
If you want to extend your stay in Guangdong, before your authorized stay expires, you must apply for a visa extension for no more than 6 months.
If you're expected to stay longer than 6 months, you can apply for a Family Visitors Residence Permit.(You should submit the required documents listed below, plus a Health Certificate issued by Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel. Applicants under age 18 are exempt from such Health Certificate.)You can apply for extension of a Family Visitors Residence Permit if you still meet such requirements and submit relevant documents.
● Documents Required
When applying for a visa, you are obliged to answer relevant questions and submit the following documents:
1. Original and photocopy of your valid passport, current Chinese visa and latest entry stamp;
2. Completed "Form of Application for Visa and Residence Permit";
3. One (1) Visa photograph for Foreigners in Guangdong Province and a receipt of such photograph;
4. Registration Form of Temporary Residence;
5. Original (for examination) and photocopy of evidence of your relationship to the person you visit:
1) Marriage certificate for the spouse;
2) Kinship certificate for the parents;
3) Birth certificate for the children.
6. If you're visiting a Mainland Chinese resident, you're required to provide the original (for examination) and photocopy of his/her: Guangdong Household registration or registration document of current residence, as well as Chinese ID card;
7. If you're visiting an oversea Chinese living in Guangdong, you're required to provide:
1) Original (for examination) and photocopy of his/her Chinese passport,
2) Evidence of his/her permanent residence in a foreign country;
8. If you're visiting a Hong Kong or Macau resident, you’re required to provide the original (for examination) and photocopy of his/her: Pass Traveling to and from Inland Region or his/her Home-visiting Certificate for Compatriots from the Regions of Hong Kong or Macau;
9. If you're visiting a Taiwan resident living in Guangdong, you’re required to provide the original (for examination) and photocopy of his/her: Pass Traveling between Mainland China and the Region of Taiwan or his/her Travel Document of People's Republic of China;
10. In addition, if you are visiting an oversea Chinese or a Hong Kong/Macau/Taiwan resident, you shall submit the evidence of his/her long-term residence (for 6 months and above) in Guangdong(from his/her local police station);
11. If you're visiting a foreigner with Permanent Residence status in China, you're required to provide the original (for examination) and photocopy of his/her: passport and Aliens Permanent Residence Card.
12. Other documents considered as necessary by the public security authority. All the evidence issued by foreign authorities should be authenticated by the Chinese embassy or consulate in that country. Translation by the notary organ is required when it is not in English or Chinese.
Source: Guangdong Provincial Public Security Department