If you're a Chinese of foreign citizenship aged 18 or above, and you come to China to support and take care of your Chinese parents (who are aged 60 or above and have no child in China), you shall enter China with Visa L. You can stay in China within the time limit or the period of validity prescribed in your visas.
If you want to extend your stay in Guangdong, before your authorized stay expires, you must apply for a visa extension for no more than 6 months.
If you're expected to stay longer than 6 months, you can apply for a Family Supporters Residence Permit.(You should submit the required documents listed below, plus a Health Certificate issued by Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel.)You can apply for extension of a Family Supporters Residence Permit if you still meet such requirements and submit relevant documents.
● Documents Required
When applying for a visa, you are obliged to answer relevant questions and submit the following documents:
1. Completed "Form of Application for Visa and Residence Permit";
3. One (1) visa photograph for Foreigners in Guangdong Province and a receipt of such photograph;
3. Original and photocopy of your valid passport, current Chinese visa and latest entry stamp;
4. Registration Form of Temporary Residence;
5.Original (for examination) and photocopy of the identity documents of your Chinese parents: Chinese ID cards and Guangdong household registration or their registration document of current residence in Guangdong(for 6 months and above);
6. Original (for examination) and photocopy of notarized Kinship certificate and evidence declaring that your parents have no child in China;
7. Original (for examination) and photocopy of evidence of your source of finance (in the forms of drafts, bank deposit certificates, cash cards, etc) notarized by Chinese notary offices; (Your financial resources should ensure you and your parents' living standard reaches the lowest protected level in Guangdong)
8. Original (for examination) and photocopy of evidence of your ownership or lease of house property;
9. Other documents considered as necessary by the public security authority. All the evidence issued by foreign authorities should be authenticated by the Chinese embassy or consulate in that country. Translation by the notary organ is required when it is not in English or Chinese.
Source: Guangdong Provincial Public Security Department