On May 3, 2013, the Measure on Administration of Foreigner’s Entry (Public Review) (the “Drafted Measure”) was released to seek public suggestion. The Drafted Measure provides that the following circumstances will be deemed as illegal working in China:
1. Working without valid work permit and work residence certificate, except those exempted by laws;
2. Working in a region unspecified i work permit;
3. Working for an employer unspecified on work permit;
4. Foreign student working beyond the permitted job scope and working exceeding permitted hour;
5. Foreigner with Visa type Z2 working beyond the permitted job scope.
In addition, for the foreigners without valid work permit and work residence certificate, though they enter into labor contract with employer, the labor relationship will be deemed as illegal even they are paid.
（This information is provided by Lawyer Kelly Xie from Guangdong KaiTong Law Firm in friendship. It is not any legal opinion or legal grounds addressed to any organization or individual. For inquiry, please contact Kelly via email at Kelly_xie@ktlf.com.cn or by phone on 13926185641.）