1. Apply to the Guangzhou Civil Service Department;
2. Fill in the statement form;
3. Sign names or press finger prints on the statement under the witness of the registrar;
4. Read out the statement under the witness of the registrar;
5. Submit three color photos (35mm*53mm) in which the couple takes together and hatless.
6. Get married lawfully if the legal requirements for marriage are fulfilled after examination of ID document, testimony and statement by registrar.
(1) Local citizen:
a. Household booklet and ID card;
b. A signed statement warranting the applicant is single and has no lineal relative by blood or collateral relative by blood in three generation with the spouse (the statement form is provided by department)
a. A valid passport or other effective travel document;
b. Statement warranting the applicant is single issued by the notary in the applicant’s country and authenticated by Chinese embassy/consulate in that country; or statement warranting the applicant is single issued by Chinese embassy/consulate in the applicant’s country. Where there is no diplomatic relationship between the applicant’s country and China, the statement shall be issued by the embassy/consulate of a third country which has diplomatic relationship with China and authenticated by Chinese embassy/consulate, or issued by Chinese embassy/consulate in that third country. The validity of the statement issued by Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and foreign countries is six months, effective from the issuance day.
（This information is provided by Lawyer Kelly Xie from Guangdong KaiTong Law Firm in friendship. It is not any legal opinion or legal grounds addressed to any organization or individual. For inquiry, please contact Kelly via email at Kelly_xie@ktlf.com.cn or by phone on 13926185641.）