orSign up

Follow us:
Living in Guangdong> Useful Info> Study

Notice for foreign nationals taking up employment in China

2009-December-4       Source: english.gz.gov.cn

The Rules for the Administration of Employment of Foreigners in China applies to all foreign nationals taking up employment in China.

The Rules for the Administration of Employment of Foreigners in China applies to all foreign nationals taking up employment in China.

To offer employment to a foreign national in Guangzhou, the employer (except a Guangzhou-based provincial or central government agency) should apply for a Foreigner Employment License from the Municipal Labor and Social Security Bureau and, after being approved by the Municipal Public Security Bureau, a foreign national who has been approved to take up employment in China, should apply for a service visa (Z Visa) with the Chinese embassy or consulate in his or her home country by presenting the permit issued by the labor and social security authority, the job offer from his or her employer, and his or her valid passport or equivalent paper.

Within 15 days of his or her arrival in China, the employee should apply for a Foreigners Employment Permit. A foreign national who has obtained an employment permit should apply for a residence permit from the Entry and Exit Aministration Department of the Public Security Bureau within 30 days of his or her arrival in China.

The accompanying family of foreign nationals who do not hold a residence permit (those with F, L, C and G visas), or who are foreign nationals studying or serving an internship in China, and/or who are foreign nationals holding a service visa, are prohibited from taking up employment in China.

1. The foreign national has been recruited for a cooperation or exchange program under an agreement or protocol signed by the Chinese Government with a foreign government or an international organization;

2. The foreign national is the chief representative or a representative of the resident office of a foreign company in China.

1. Foreign technical and managerial personnel directly recruited and paid by the Chinese Government and those who are recruited and paid by national authorities and institutions, possess advanced technical qualifications or special skills certificates issued by a national or international authoritative technology administration agency or industry association, and hold a Foreign Expert Certificate issued by the Foreign Experts Bureau.

2. Laborers of foreign nationality who hold a Permit for Foreign Nationals to Engage in Offshore Oil Operations in the People's Republic of China, those engaging in offshore oil operations do not need to come ashore but must possess special skills;

3. Foreign nationals who hold a Temporary Commercial Performance Permit issued by the Ministry of Culture and who are engaged in commercial cultural performances.

For inquires, please call 83841733 or 83821804

Address: 1/F, Municipal Employment Service Administration Center, No. 148, East Huanan Road, Guangzhou

For procedures, downloadable forms and policies, please visit http://gzjy.gzlm.netand www.gzlss.gov.cn.


Editor: Miranda

Scan to share on WeChat

Scan to follow us on WeChat

Question submitted,Thank You!

Q:Where can I enjoy Cantonese cuisine?

A:As a province full of foodies, you can enjoy typical and various kinds of Cantonese cuisine here.

Key Words

Home|About us|Contact us|Southcn.com

WWW.NEWSGD.COM. All rights reserved.

WWW.NEWSGD.COM. All rights reserved.|Registered number 020074| 粤公网安备 44010402000511号|ICP备案号 粤B-20050235-8