How to apply for visa
2009-August-7 Source:
Text Size: A A A | Print | Share by E-mail:

1. For entry into China, aliens shall apply for visas to Chinese diplomatic missions, consular posts, or other foreign-based agencies authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China.

2. Aliens holding letters or telegrams from authorized organizations in China and ordinary passports issued by the countries that have diplomatic relations or official trade contracts with China may apply for visas to port visa agencies authorized by the Ministry of Public Security in case of an urgent need to travel to China and a lack of time to apply for visas to above-mentioned Chinese agencies abroad.

3. Port agencies authorized by the Ministry of Public Security are set up at following posts: Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjing, Dalian, Fuzhou, Xiamen, Xi'an, Guilin, Hangzhou, kunming, Guangzhou (Baiyun Airport),Shenzhen (Luohu, shekou) Zhuhai(Gongbei).


(1) Present valid passports or replacement certificates.

(2) Fill in visa application forms and submit recently-taken two inch half-length, bareheaded and full-faced photos.

(3) Submit for examination papers supporting the application for entry into or transit through China.

Pertinent certificates:

1. In application for Visa D, a permanent residence confirmation form, which may be obtained through application by the applicant or by his/her designated relatives in China from the exit-and-entry department of the municipal or county public security bureau at the place of applicant's intended residence.

2. In application for Visa Z, a letter of appointment or employment from the sponsor or employer organization in China or a letter or telegram from an authorized organization.

3. In application for Visa X, a certificate from the receiving organization or the competent department.

4. In application for Visa F, a letter or telegram from the authorized organization.

5. In application for Visa L for a tourist trip in China, a certificate of reception from a Chinese travel service and, when necessary, plane, train, or ship ticket (s) to the country (region) after leaving China.

6. In application for Visa G, a valid visa for entering the country (region) of destination, or connecting tickets in case such a visa is exempt.

7. In application for Visa C, relevant certificate in accordance with the agreements concerned.

8. In application for Visa J-1 and J-2, a certificate from the competent department.

Aliens who come to China for permanent residence or for residence of one year and upwards shall, in applying for entry visa, shall submit for examination health certificates issued by health or medical institution designated by the governments of the countries of their current residence or those issued by health or medical institutions and certified by national organs. Health certificates are valid for six months from the date of issuance.

Editor: Miranda
Related News
This site contains material from other media for content enrichment purpose only. The website do not endorse such content and do not bear the joint responsibility of their copyright infringement. The views expressed in written material posted to the bulletin boards of are those of the authors and/or publishers. The website does not endorse information products posted by organizations and individuals here. The originators of these information products are solely responsible for their content. For copyright infringement issues, you shall contact within thirty (30) days. Email:
Info for Non-Residents