Home | About Us | Contact Us | Site Map | Chinese
News | Biz | Pearl River Delta | Enjoy Life | Culture | Travelling | Pics | Cities & Towns | Gov Info | Specials
Home> GDinBrief>Info for Non Residents>Licenses and permits
Applying alien employment permit
Latest Updated at 2009-August-10 18:43:32

Any foreigners seeking employment in China shall meet the following conditions:

(1) 18 years of age or older and in good health;

(2) With professional skills and job experience required for the work of intended employment;

(3) With no criminal record;

(4) A clearly-defined employer;

(5) With valid passport and other international travel document in lieu of the passport;

(6) Other documents required by regulations.

Documents of applying Alien Employment Permit are as follows:

(1) Application For Recruiting Foreign Worker In China (under approval by police section)

(2) Copy of business license;

(3) Employment registration of foreigners in China (attached by two pieces of passport size photos);

(4) Copy of passport on personal information and update visa;

(5) Labor contract / letter of Appointment, or copy of representative card;


1. The employer锛宐ringing with the Employment License issued by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security, should apply for the letter or telex of visa notification issued by the authorized unit.

2. Foreigner with permission to work in China should apply for Employment Visas at the Chinese embassies, consulates and visa offices, bringing with them the Employment License issued by the Ministry of Labor, the letter or telex of visa notification sent by the authorized unit and the valid passport or Travel Document.

3. The employer should, within fifteen days after the entry of the employed foreigner, take to the original Certificate Office the Employment License, the labour contract with the said foreigner and his passport or Travel Document and other document as required to receive his Employment Permit while filling out the Foreigner Employment Registration Form.

4. Foreigners who received their Employment Permit should, within thirty days after their entry, apply for the residence certificate with the public security organs bringing with them their Employment Permit and other document as required.

5. Foreigners may be exempted from the Employment License and Employment permit when they meet any of the following conditions:

(1) Foreign professional technical and managerial personnel employed directly by the Chinese government, or those with senior technical titles or credentials of special skills recognized by their home or international technical authorities to be employed by Chinese government organs and institutions, and foreigners holding Foreign Expert Certificate issued by China's Bureau of Foreign Expert Affairs锛

(2) Foreigners who hold a Permit for Foreign Nationals to Engage in Offshore Oil Operations in the People's Republic of China. Those engaging in offshore oil operations do not need to come ashore but must possess special skills; 

(3) Foreigners who conduct commercialized entertaining performance with the approval of the Ministry of Culture and hold "permit for Temporary Commercialized Performance".

Responsible Departments

Department of Labor and Social Security of Guangdong Province

Add: No.88, Jiaoyu Road, Guangzhou

Tel: 83341417 83367884

Guangzhou Municipal Public Safety Bureau

Add锛歂o.155, Jiefang Nan Road, Guangzhou


Department of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation of Guangdong Province

Add: No.158, Tianhe Road, Guangzhou


Health Care Center of GuangDong International Travel

Add锛歂o.207, Longkou Xi Road, Guanzhou



Editor: Miranda

By: Source:
  Related News

[Guangzhou] Sex Festival to open (Oct 31 through Nov 2)

Thousands of citizens celebrate Double Nine Festival

Ancient Daling Village Resumes its Original State

Rail Transport Network to cover PRD

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 premieres in China
This site contains material from other media for content enrichment purpose only.
The website do not endorse such content and do not bear the joint responsibility of their copyright infringement.
The views expressed in written material posted to the bulletin boards of are those of the authors and/or publishers. The website does not endorse information products posted by organizations and individuals here. The originators of these information products are solely responsible for their content.
For copyright infringement issues, you shall contact within thirty (30) days. Email:
If you find any error in this page, please drag your mouse to mark the text with error, then press "CTRL" and "ENTER", to inform us. Thanks for your help!
Home  |  About Us  |   Contact Us  |  Site Map  |  Chinese
©2005 WWW.NEWSGD.COM. All rights reserved.registered number 020074 Terms of Use | Advertise | ICP Certificate No.B2-20050252
Guangdong Gov Link
Guangdong Gov Brief
State Structure
Guangdong in Brief
Laws & Regulations
Exchange Rate
Guangdong Guide
Museum Museum
University University
Eat Eat
Shopping Duting
Night Life Night Life
Weather Weather
Phone No. Phone Num
Consulate Consulate
Airport Airport
Travel Tips Tours Tips