At the west bank of the Pearl River, there stands a famous restaurant, Dai Tung. Founded in 1938, it was at first a building of eight floors, the top two were added in 1958.
In 1938, it is set up by a Japanese man, and named Guangzhou Yuan Restaurant.
Because of a great deficit, it was handed off to a businessman from Hong Kong named Feng Jiansheng in 1942. After the People Republic of China was founded, it became a place for officials to welcome their counterparts from all over the world. In 2001, it is awarded “Time-honored Brand” by Guangzhou government.
It features traditional Cantonese Opera which brings customers delightful and memorial feelings.
Today, it is still a popular place for Guangzhou citizens and tourists travelled in Guangzhou.