Do you want happiness and prosperity in the Year or the Pig? If so, there's one dish you simply must serve for your reunion dinner on lunar New Year's Eve: lucky pork trotters.
Marissa, one of Little Ma's closest girlfriends, has had her eye on Big Ha for quite a while, but her flirtations have failed to win him over as of yet.
But this year, Marissa is determined to conquer Big Ha’s heart through his taste buds with her mouth-watering lucky pork trotters, a staple festive dish enjoyed in Guangdong.
There's only one problem - Little Ma had tagged along for the ride, sending Marissa's meticulous and mischievous plans off the rails. It's time for Plan B: locking Little Ma in the bathroom!
Now that Little Ma is out of the picture, it's time to cook. Here's a guide to preparing lucky pork trotters for yourself！
1. Blanch pork trotters and pork belly in a pot of boiling water for 5-6 minutes. Remove, rinse and drain well.
2. Heat enough oil in a pot to fry garlic until fragrant.
3. Deep fry the pork trotters for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the pot and drain on paper towels.
4. Add additional ingredients, pour in water and bring to a boil.
5. Simmer for 40-45 minutes.
6. Add sea cucumber and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Your dish is now ready to serve!
(Source: GDTV WORLD)